View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
apparently you have excellent valves for your testosterone, but most people our age don't.

Yes, it is not thought there is any cancer, but I have not really been checked for it as a part of this incident. I have had a physical every year for at least the last 20 years though and always get the finger from the doc.

They would have mentioned you had high psa readings if they suspected cancer of the prostate. Enlarged prostate is called the older mans disease as you know.

It could have been avoided if only the wife had sent you out for neutering years ago. We have an adversion to even the word. I noticed when the vet told me we should neuter the dog now it caused a slight unintentional pucker of the lips by me at the time.

A friend of mine complained aout the discomfort of having his prostate digitally checked by a surgeon. I explained to him that in general the family doctor is just checking for surface smoothness I suspect. Where the surgeon may be more aggressive trying to find palatable lumps.

Anyways we are good friends so I thought I would get him. You should have seen his face for a fleeting instant when I said. On the other hand perhaps the surgeon was gay.

Well goodnight for now as it is well past my bedtime and the first preliminary signs of spring are here.

Last edited by barry12345; 02-24-2014 at 04:24 AM.