View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrun View Post
When interest rates double, those people will be slapped back to reality.
You might think so but I have seen with my own eyes this is not true. These customers are 'payment buyers'. The car is important only in that it needs to look nice and match their image of themselves, but the payment is everything.

Can you handle $50 a week? Could you make that $75? The difference seems slight at first, but you are not considering that the car will break down during the first month. You are only thinking about if you can deal with $75 a week.

Can't make this week's payment? No problem because I am your friend! Just pay me, say, $10 this week and we will pick it up where we left off. No, I don't want the car back. You paid three times what it was worth because that was the only way you could get the 'special finance deal' I was offering.

Am I the kind of guy that gives used car salesmen a bad name? Well, so what if I am? I ain't in this business to make people love me.

And if you want to trade your current ride in I might be able to give you 50% of what it is worth. But don't worry, I will just roll that money into your new payment plan.

Because I am your friend!