View Single Post
Old 01-21-2003, 02:21 PM
You are correct with your assumption. I read Gary’s response again and see he is talking about a leak in his PS reservoir were mine is in the pump itself. My guy is doing a day-long rebuilt on the pump. He took the thing apart and still in process of changing all gaskets, O-Rings along with the hose seal you mentioned. By the way, my Inde said the same thing when he first saw the leak from underneath the car; that it may only need that small hose etc… but when he took the pump out (in the E420 you need to as there is no other way to do it) he found the pump is in dire need for a reseal job. I am in a position where I have no choice but to do the whole thing since the pump is already out and don’t want to have to deal with it later.

What do you mean by stating that chances of this being the failure is about 50/50? The leaked fluid was PS fluid. Do you suggest something else maybe causing the PS fluid leak?

My inde told me he didn’t see any other leaks when he took the pump out. So I am hoping that was it…