View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 07:49 PM

Need surround sound advice...

I have been tasked with coming up with what I guess would be a surround sound system for a large hall with tile floors and hard walls. Ceiling is about twenty feet and this thing is about the size of a basketball court.

The speakers are there. Two monsters from some old rock band and two smaller one that fit on stands. These are real theater speakers and the big ones are about five feet tall and weigh over 100 pounds each.

There are two speakers mounted on the stage and two near the back of the hall. The big ones are in the back.

The problem is the sound towards the back of the hall is somewhat distorted. Things are great toward the front but it get pretty messed up towards the back.

I have asked our sound people if they know the cure and they said when I needed sound recorded to give them a call. Until then I need to find someone who knows how to set up a speaker system since that's not something they do.

Buying used equipment is the way I intend to go since there is always someone who is needing fast cash, so..... What am I looking for?

Some sort of sound processor? A home surround sound system? Is there something to the principal of a delay for the rear speakers?