View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 12:58 PM

Am I wasting my time trying to sell this 1983 300SD?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4345983558.html

I paid $2300 for this car 3 years ago, and I have pretty much driven it everyday since then with hardly any problems (injection pump and turbo both had to be replaced), and spent quite a bit of time and money making it nicer, and it is in quite a bit better shape then when I got it.

I have mostly fixed all the problems it had when I got it, but there are a few things that aren't really an option to fix and since I can only have one car,its not really working as a DD anymore.

-it leaks about a quart of oil every 6 weeks (being driven at least 6-7 days a week), which is enough I was asked not to park it in the parking lot at work so i have to leave it on the street.

-The heater blower doesnt work (someone rewired it to a toggle switch before I had it, and I wouldnt even know where to start to fix it)

-The front suspension was in really bad shape when I got it, and I replaced pretty much everything with the best parts I could afford (no URO parts), but I think I didn't spend enough money on it and its still a bit noisy.

The big problem with selling it is that the odometer is broken and it has at least 400k miles on it, and when I tell people that they just say "oh, thanks anyway", and thats it.