View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Not so amused

Sell the custom stuff separately

My first thought is that you should sell the steering wheel and road wheels separately. EDIT: I guess I am assuming here you have access to the original wheels, if not I guess that was a bit boneheaded to suggest....

A lot of people who are shopping for a diesel won't care about them and given the overall condition of the car, it's sort of like trying to pass off a nice high-end saddle as a bonus for an old, lame horse.

Given the mileage, the blower motor cludge, the leak and the odometer issue, you probably need to expect $1200 on a good day, with our without the Lorinser stuff, and be prepared to hear $500 or $750 as offers.

The stuff you replaced, while pricey bits, isn't unexpected for that mileage. It's normal wear and tear.

You will need to be patient. It usually takes a while to move any car with 400k. Generally I feel that in those cases you either get a wide-eyed novice who knows nothing and just wants a cheap Mercedes, or a well-versed enthusiast who will evaluate the car point by point, as it sits, then make a rational offer on that basis.

Mac
2002 e320 4matic estate│1985 300d│1980 300td
Previous: 1979 & 1982 & 1983 300sd │ 1982 240d

“Let's take a drive into the middle of nowhere with a packet of Marlboro lights and talk about our lives.” ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22