View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 02:25 AM

Fixing the heater blower and the oil leak would be impossible, so that I will just have to deal with if I keep driving it.

I don't think I would part it out unless it gets hit or has some major mechanical failure that would cost a lot more than just buying a different car to fix, because I would have to have another car to drive first anyway, and I won't be responsible for parting out a car that still works fine.

I do have all the stock parts that I could put back on, but no one even wants to make any offer at all once they hear the mileage, and if I have to keep driving it a long time I would rather drive it the way it is.

I guess the main thing that is sorta frustrating is that I didn't realize I was overpaying by 2-3x when I bought it, because I looked at several others in the same price range and even though the mileage was lower they were all in a lot worse shape.

The other thing that will make keeping it difficult is that diesel w123s and w126s have pretty much disappeared from my area in the last few years. As recently as 3-4 years ago there were still a lot, and now they are gone, and the supply of junkyard parts has far decreased as well. The air cleaner bracket is broken on my car, and even though its a 5 minute job to replace it I can't even find one anymore.