View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 08:15 AM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry12345 View Post
I did it once. Not auto driveaway. The deal was I was to be reimbursed for the gas and expenses at the end point that was a car dealer. I was allowed five days so I also had use of the car in the area before dropping it off.

Well when I went to drop the car off the sales people said the guy that was to handle the payment was not present. Suspecting a scam I said in that case I will bring the car back when he is. They magically located him. He tried the we will mail you a cheque approach.

I said that was not the agreement and the car is going back to the east coast if you do not produce the money. By this point I was back in the car and sitting in the drivers seat.

Some of these car dealers are real scum and this was a large dealer. . The dealers owner was getting the car moved cheap enough but obviously not as cheap as he felt it could be.
What a scumbag! Good that you figured out how to handle it.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.