View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Nicht verantwortlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honus View Post
You can take your civility and put it where the sun don't shine.

kidding

I agree that we should avoid disrespectful comments, especially those of a personal nature. On the other hand, some of us could probably get a thicker skin.
Definitely, however my reason for posting this thread is as such; there is another thread where someone advocates the genocide of Muslims. I'm an atheist who believes in doing the right thing because it's the right thing to do, not because I participate in some fear based belief system that instructs me to do the right thing or be damned for eternity. I have no religious ties. (Not attacking the religious here, just expressing my views) I actually get along quite well with people of any religious views as I greatly respect their passion. As the Romans said, Credo quea impossible. I believe because it's impossible, that I can respect.

I was frightened by this persons post because Crayola level logic points out the problem. Presumably as the poster is a Christian he believes the holocaust was a tragic event as it involved the persecution and genocide of innocent civilians based largely on race, but also on political ties, sexual orientation,and diseases of the skin. Said poster then goes on to say that Muslims should be wiped out. How is this proposed genocide any different than the ones undertaken previously in history?