View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Nicht verantwortlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooseppi Luna View Post
Aye, aye -- type 3 here! Thankfully I've found out early so that I can work on strengthening to hopefully ward off joint injuries for a longer time. My mother has had major joint problems and surgeries ever since the age of 30 and has lived in constant pain for many years now . Motivation for me to do my excersizes (not that she didn't do them -- we only found out last year).

What type are you?
I've got the clinical diagnosis, but I'm waiting to find out if it's type four. Physicians being what they are I have to wait until JULY 9th until they can be bothered to biopsy me.

Most of my life I knew I was "double jointed" in odd places, where the humerus interacts at the shoulder, the heads of both femurs, ankles. Now I know that it's not double jointed ness but actual dislocations taking place.

I have had a few injuries that exacerbated my pain. I have broken both feet, three twist fractures on the left in the metatarsals (long bones) and an avulsion/Jones fracture of the fifth metatarsal on the right. Dec 25th of last year I had mesh repair surgery done for three hernias.

To put it bluntly it never feels like any two parts of my body are in the same place on two different days. I am 6'4" and weigh 200 pounds, I exercise regularly, but the pain in the last three years has been ramping up dramatically. I try to golf regularly but didn't play from '07 through '13 because I had frankly given up in ever being able to play again.

Suffice it to say this disease has changed my outlook on life.