View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 04:02 AM
...like a shield of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
On the Older Fuel Injection Pumps that are not lubed by the Engine Oil the Parts inside are also in better Shape and nice and clean.

The problem with the Older Pumps is people don't know they have their own Oil Sump and that you need to check the Oil level, add Oil and occasionaly change the Oil.
Some People never checked and ruined their Fuel Injection Pumps.

In that past there was a lot of inline Fuel Injection Pumps that had that were not lubed by the Oil from the Engine.
Where I worked We always filled them with straight 40wt Engine Oil even if the Engine used 30wt or 20wt Oil.
I was thinking a simple on its own lubrication system might also be better for turbos - so long as the owners look after each individual oil system. This is probably a big ask as most people don't realise that a differential needs its oil changed once in a while.

The one oil for all mantra is typical of commercial places - it is all about cost - not necessarily what is good for long term life of a component, because after all if these things last for ever then nobody would be back at the shop trying to get something fixed.
1961 Volvo PV544 Bare metal rat rod-ish thing

I'm here to chat about cars and to help others - I'm not here "to always be right" like an internet warrior

Don't leave that there - I'll take it to bits!