View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDIOUS View Post
No matter what people are paid they make Mistakes. The higher paid People just get a chance to make a chance to make more costly and more important mistakes.

As someone who worked in a Hospital as a Hospital Orderly and later in life as Respiratory Therapists. I can truthfully say that everyone in the Hospital from the Janitorial Staff on up to the most skillful Doctor screws up.

When I had My Hip replacement someone came in with a Permanent Marker and marked which Hip they were going to operate on. The did not do that when I had a previous Hip operation.

I found out that a week before they had cut the wrong Leg off of someone so they were marking Peoples Limbs with Permanent Marker after they question you to make sure which Limb was going to be operated on.
How does it happen. The X-ray Tech is supposed to mark the X-ray left or right and they do that wrong some times. It is also possible to view the X-ray from the opposite side.

Also when People write in the chart when you face the Patient Your Left is the Patients Right so People write it in the Chart Wrong.

Hospitals creaty elaborate Proceedures and Protocalls to try to prevent mistakes but making treatment more complicated often just give more chances to make mistakes.