View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxfrank View Post
Sure, that makes sense. You burn high sulfur oil that contains 10% heavy petroleum fractions and you're an environmentalist. Let me give you a medal.

In my area, trash goes to a trash to energy plant, so filters go right out with the garbage.
That poster is more environmentally than any waste to energy plant. They take their used oil, filter it, and power a vehicle with it, no additional resources consumed and it is gone forever.

The alternative to that is sending it to a waste to energy plant or taking it to a collector that has it picked up and turned into DIESEL for a ship or asphalt. How much fuel is used in the collection process, and employees commuting to the facility, And then the outcome is the same, it gets burned. I grew up near a waste to energy plant, and the amount of fly ash coming out of it caused it to be shut down. Not only was that plant shutdown but they then burned natural gas to produce the steam to fulfill their contracts to the companies that signed on to use that steam in the first place.