View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman View Post
A shop replaced the vac pump on a friends 240D to solve a "no-shut-off" problem. The problem turned out to be a leak in the climate pods.

1st measure vacuum on one of the branches coming off the main vac line. These systems mimic what a gas vehicle puts out so look for 15-18 inches of vacuum. Anything less plug the ports going yo the climate & door locks. Disconnect & plug the end going to the brake booster. Vac means the pump is good. No vac means check your work, make sure all leaks are plugged. If so, bad vac pump.

Put a hand held vac pump on the line from the shut off valve. If the car stops your shut off is working.

You can pull a vacuum on every line coming off the main line. All should hold vacuum. If not, just hunt the leak down. There are vacuum diagrams around that make the tracing easy. All of these cars have similar systems.

Almost all of the vacuum pods can be accessed with the dash installed.
actually figured it out today, the right front door decided to not lock today, it was locking up until today so it must have been losing it little by little. it was running on i locked the doors and it shut off but i noticed the right door stayed up. got in started it up and only pushed down that one door lock, turned it off and it shut off..... so i guess it will be time to tear into that door this weekend, guess i should order some plastic door panel fasteners and plan on lubing everything when i am in there.