View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofox007 View Post
Can you show me a single, professional-grade injector tester that utilizes a damped gauge? Bosch? Bacharach?
Last time I checked this was a DIY-focused forum. If we all had access to professional-grade tools and instruments, we'd probably be in the business and have access to professional-grade documentation...though I'd argue that the forums are likely even better in many respects.

Regarding pop testers, if I felt I needed accuracy to +/- 1 psi on a pop tester, I'd buy a $5000 digital unit with integral printer, 16" screen and a .5 micron filter assembly and automatic popping and digital recording of each pop in super slo-mo, rather than building one. I can live with a lot less accuracy and bells and whistles and only have $21.47 invested...and you know what? The car runs perfectly, and has for the last 30k miles since I last popped my injectors.

I kind of like my HF tools, too... and my swap meet tools and my Craigs List equipment. And I kind of like making my own tools and solving problems without investing a fortune.

If you want a dry gauge, go for it...
  • Manx
  • Baja Bug
  • F350 Powerstroke
  • Auburn Boattail Speedster replica