View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 04:14 PM

Problem Solved!

I finished a while ago, but I haven't had much time to come on and post a conclusion, so here it is!

I decided to buy a new deck with bluetooth for my phone and to wirelessly stream music. Also, the color and brightness for the radio's backlighting is customizable so that I could match it to the rest of the interior backlighting. The unit is a Pioneer DEH-X6600BT. It's a little flashy, but not too bad and the price was right.

Anyway, I discovered that the wiring diagram I was using didn't show that some of the factory wiring for the audio system changes colors when it meets up with another component, so I was stuck on this for a while since I am not an electrical expert.

I was able to decipher it though and I found the wire that is suppose to signal the antenna go up and found that both of the antennas I have for that car are in fact dead, but at least I have the wiring correct now. I connected this signal wire for the antenna and the wire that tells the factory amp when to turn on to the 12V signal wire on the back of the Pioneer.

I then repaired the wiring that goes from the fader switch to the front speakers and replace the speakers with some stock used ones. Then, I wired up the front speaker output on the Pioneer to the input wires on the factory amplifier which splits the signal and only sends low tones to the door speakers. Then I made sure that the output on the amp was connected properly to the fader.

Then, I tested it and BAM! sound out of all 6 speakers.

I still need to post pictures of the wire diagram I had and of the installation.

1992 300D 2.5 TURBO

1991 560SEL M119.960

1986 300SDL TURBO

1992 500SL Parts Car

1991 420SEL Parts Car