View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engatwork View Post
I am of the opinion that part failures, excluding something that had a flaw from the start, is pretty predictable.
I guess some can be. Leaking of the Bosch CP3 is not an anusuall thing and it doesn't happen only on high mileage vehicles. Mercedes uses it on diffrent engines, as well as Cummins (RAM) and GM Duramax, as I said a fairly common issue. May be a design flaw I don't really know. For some reason MBUSA decided not to repair them but rather replace them with new, to the point where the repair kit is not available in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe View Post
Petroleum solvents and their residue / associated odors, will dissipate away over time by themselves. Re-emulsifying them through detergents and heated water is the best way to rid surfaces from them.

The belly pans that the W210 I owned, and the W211 I own now have both held petroleum solvents in the past. The residue is not always able to be immediately and completely negated with heated water and detergents from the plastic pans, but will disappear over time.
Thanks, and yes, the belly pans were soaked, cleaning that was the easy part.

By Land:
2005 E320 CDI (Unnamed as of yet)
2011 Toyota Tundra DC limited 4x4 "Big Red"
1965 euro import VW Beetle "Mojo"
By Sea:
22' Grady White Seafarer "SeaSun Pass"