View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynalow View Post
I was more puzzled by the music dept. concerns?

OP, are you looking to work in the music/sound field?
They actually have a really strong music technology graduate program but no undergrad music programs except minors. I'm not really looking to be a full time musician or go into music technology (though it sounds interesting) by any means, just music is my second passion having played instruments (tuba and more recently bass trombone) throughout middle and high school in our concert, symphonic and marching bands as well as playing in and leading my own 15-piece brass choir. I like arranging music and I believe they offer music theory and composition classes but the music school really isn't too great and the ensembles aren't really all that serious. The music school is in about the most run down building on campus.

I am wanting to major in mechanical or aerospace engineering with maybe a minor in music though most likely I will major in mechanical and minor in aerospace.