View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 09:26 PM

1995 Mercedes E300 Diesel Speaker Mount Adapters?

Got an old 1995 300E diesel, (I believe it to be a W124 body) and wanted to replace the speakers. I believe I have the 6 speaker active bass, two in the front door, two in the dash, and two in the high rear. I believe the sizes are 4 inch for dash, 5.25 inch for door, and 5.25 inch for rear.

I intend to replace the head unit, and I was figuring I would only run the door speakers and the rear speakers. As this car is very old, I purchased some 5.25 Polk Audio speakers to place in the door (I understand they only run bass right now, but once I get the new head, they will run the typical full sounds) and am awaiting to purchase the new head in a week or two.

So I've been googling and figured how to take apart the door (unfortunately I appear to have fractured the cheap wood particle board in two places but I don't care).

To my surprise there is a weird speaker enclosure which I was not expecting. So the 5.25 Polk Audio speakers I purchased indeed do NOT just fit right in like many blogs stated it would.

So what do I do now? Is there a website that sells the specific product to make my life easier? My current plan is to get some wood product, cut out a shape, and mount the speakers on onto the wood product with screws.

Any suggestions?

I have indeed googled, binged, and searched this website. It appears many people are frustrated with noobies who don't do their research. I assure you I have, if I missed something I apologize and would appreciate links to my specific question, not just random info that may or may not assist me.

Thanks .