View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 06:52 PM

Kickdown switch?

Hi, I've been spending a lot of time with my 300SDL and I think my 92 300D got jealous and began claiming attention .
The thing is that from one day to another I totally lost acceleration. My first thought was that the kickdown switch went bad but now I don't know. Below are the symptoms and the troubleshooting I did:

Symptoms:
Smooth upshifting (all gears) until I get to 2200 RPMs and from there on the engine does not want to go above that. It stays there and that it is. It is like reaching a limiter at those RPMs. On park, the RPMs go above the 2200 without a problem.

Troubleshooting done:
1. I checked the voltage coming from the switch below the accelerator pedal to the manifold micro switch (P/N 002 545 23 14) by the throttle and I got juice ON and OFF as it is supposed to work when hitting the pedal to the metal.

2. I bridged the wires coming to the throttle micro switch and it did not change anything.

I will replace the micro switch but I am afraid that I might be missing something else. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited by jia300d; 04-21-2014 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Added throttle micro switch details.