View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 08:14 PM

Northern Califonia Meet and Drive, May 31st

Hello All!

We started talking about a meet up over on the Diesel Discussion. I think we've got all the details worked out so here is the official plan.
Northern Californians, Who's interested in a meet?

The date is Saturday May 31st.

The time to meet will be 10AM.

The drive is from Sebastopol to Stinson Beach

Meeting at the Lucky's in Sebastopol

I modified the route slightly. My friend who lives in Sebastopol suggested the Lucky's parking lot as our meeting place. This is one of the largest parking lots in the area, so we shouldn't have a problem meeting up and having a chance to talk shop before we leave for our drive.

After leaving Sebastopol we will travel along CA-116 to Hwy-1. Once we reach Hwy-1 there are a few places with parking to stop for pictures. I'd like to make a stop so we can all get out of our cars and take pictures and enjoy the ocean. On the map you will see "Ermy Rd." this is the name of one of the vista points along Hwy-1. Hwy-1 is a popular drive and depending on turn out it might be hard to find a place for all of us to stop. Lucky for us there are many vista points, so if Ermy Rd. is full up we can drive on to the next one.

After stopping and taking in the ocean views, the highway turns inland. We'll stay on the highway. I'd like to make a lunch stop maybe Point Rayes Station or maybe we drive all the way to Stinson Beach. Last meet in Stinson Beach we ate at a place called Parkside Cafe This would be good lunch place.

When we reach Stinson Beach there is a large parking lot at the park. We stopped there for a meet about 6 years ago now, I don't recall this being a pay to park situation but that might have changed. If anyone knows please let me know. I'd like to end the meet there.

Here is the route map
+

And here is a link to the google map.

MAP

Last time we ended our drive at Stinson Beach a hand full of us drove over to Horseshoe bay, just north of the Golden Gate Bridge and got some awesome pictures of the cars lined up just as it got dark and the bridge lights came on. Not part of the official meet, but would be fun to do that if any one is interested.

Hope to see you all there!