View Single Post
Old 01-26-2003, 05:31 PM

Tinker - Answer to your question

Tinker,
My wife drives this car and she said that about a week ago, the car just cut off. The car did start right back up on the first try. Later that evening, she said she went to go put the car in park and once she did, the car "revved up" to a very high rpm. She put the car in drive and the rpm came back down to a normal level. She then put the car back in park and it revved way up again to roughly 6,000 rpm. Then she just cut the car off. When she started the car a few minutes later, everything was fine.

I took the car in for service the next day and had them clean the fuel injectors and fuel system. They also noticed there was a small fuel leak and fixed that. They replaced the "EHA Switch."
Here is what I was billed for:
- FUEL INDUCTION CLEANING KIT $29.00
- GOVERNOR KIT CIS $210
- FUEL INDUCTION CLEANING SERVICE $100
- PIN CK ALL FUEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS $130
- REPLACE EHA SWITCH $39

LABOR TOTAL - $269
PARTS TOTAL -$239

As they were performing the work listed above they called me to tell me that I needed a new "Air Flow Sensor" and that was most definitely the reason for the erratic idling that my wife experienced. He then stated that I didn't have to do it now but that it would need to be done soon to avoid having the same problem again.

He also said that the part was hard to get and his cost was high on it and as a result, he didn't mark it up much. Most importantly, he said that the labor wasn't much because it only took a few minutes to put on / switch out. This leads me to believe it is the same part that Tom is talking about.

He seemed to be genuine but I don't have a long lasting relationship with this shop. I do know several people that use this shop and all have good things to say about using them after years of service.

Should I call him and ask him what the part number is for the "Air Flow Sensor?Most importantly, he said that the labor wasn't much because it only took a few minutes to put on / switch out.