View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke2.6 View Post
It's the rectangular retainer/bushing that holds the end of the throttle cable to the steel throttle lever, and it takes the force of the return spring.

Look at the NHTSA link in post #6. The 190E 2.6 was NOT, repeat NOT included in the recall even though it had the same part as all M103 engines in W124 chassis models that were recalled - nor was the 300SE, which might, but I'm not sure, use the same part.

The original part was polyurethane-elastomer, a synthetic rubber. The replacement part is polyoxymethylene-high, a high strength, abrasion resistance plastic - the same material as the M16 rifle stock.

I doubt this new material part will fail in normal service.

Likely most of the remaining 190E 2.6s have high enough mileage that the orignal rubber part failed some time ago and was replaced with the new plastic part. Mine only has 83K miles, but then it's still 26 years old.

I'm just sayin'... you might want to check this out if you own any model with a M103 engine.

Duke
If I'm not mistaken, this applies to the M104 too. I had exactly the same problem and, yes, I bought a spare to keep in the car.

RayH