View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 05:47 PM

Hi Vanakin

Sorry I came to this a bit later than I normally do - hopefully not too late.

You are really in the dwang my friend and you have a 1% chance of getting out of it - luck plays the major part.

Potomac Pat was correct you need to induce some sort of vibration ( I believe a previous poster used an electric sander but I suppose a vibrator would do the same trick - hope you have tinted windows!) into the lock via the key while you jiggle the little bugger and try and get it to turn - spraying some lube in cannot do any harm and may tip the luck in your direction. If you need motivation to keep perservering you are talking about a big job to drill this assembly out if you fail to get that key turning.

If you do manage to turn the key DO NOT TURN back past position 1. As long as the key is in position 1 you will be able to extract the tumbler easily (Once you are home leave key in position 1 - and lock car with spare key - take the rotor arm out of the dizzy if you are in a dodgy area for car theft).