View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 04:25 PM

1993 W124 300D Climate Control Blower Issue, Blower Always ON

First off I would like to say that this site has helped me out immensely over the years. I have been I lurker for a long time, but finally decided to reach out for help on an issue that recently developed in my 1993 w124 300D. Hopefully along the way I can help a couple of people out.

The problem first started when I noticed that my car would go past the 100C mark with the ac on in traffic. In the past 4 years that I have owned the car it has never done this so I started to get nervous. In the back of my mind I knew that it was the fan clutch, but had a friend look at it anyway. Well Thats when my problem started.

We started by trouble-shooting the Aux Fans by applying power/ground to the fan connector near the a/c dryer. After doing this one fan came on (low speed fan?). After this we tried to test the other fan. We proceeded to the blue temp sensor on top part of the radiator hose. We pulled the connector and jumped the 2 wires, nothing happened. We then applied power/ground to the connector, nothing happened. This is where think I screwed up big time.

When I turned on the car I then noticed that the Climate control Blower Would not turn off. None of the buttons would respond when pushed.

I replaced my blower motor control unit with a spare, but that did not work. The blower motor itself is less than a year old.

Now I am lost and need guidance. I searched the forum but did not find anything pointing to my problem, only threads with people having the opposite problem.

Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks.

At this point this is where I am at....
1985 VW Vanagon Weekender
1984 VW Vanagon Westfalia
1973 VW Squareback