View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 06:04 PM
WillW

Vacuum pump question (Now with Pictures!)

Today while looking under the hood for trouble. I found that the vacuum hard line from the pump to flex hose connector was loose. The fitting is right behind the steering pump filter if that helps you to visualize what I'm talking about. I wasn't having any problems with anything that runs on vacuum so I just tightened up the line.

But what I saw made me curious. The vacuum line goes directly back to the brake system firewall with no branches along the way. But I have vacuum lines around the engine, so I looked for their source. The lines all run back to what looks like a small electric vacuum pump in front of the right wheel well and behind the head light.

I don't think I've ever heard tell of an auxiliary vacuum pump. Was I asleep and missed this? It looks stock, but I can't find it in the service manual.

The plastic bracket that holds the little electric pump is broken and the pump is just sitting there in the wheel well. I'd like to fix and/or replace it but I'm at a loss as to where to go. Any help would be nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Vacuum pump question-mainvacline.jpg   Vacuum pump question-auxpump.jpg  

Last edited by willw; 06-10-2014 at 11:46 AM.