View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Control Freak

I could snap you some pix of mine but I tweaked my radiator support on a curb stop so it's a little out of whack. I got mine fixed by persuasion with a small sledge hammer and block of wood.

First caution is to see if the fan still spins freely. Mine was jammed against the radiator shroud. Luckily it did not breach the radiator.

If things are not pushed back too much try to get the fan off. It will give you lots more room. If your radiator got pushed back significantly, you may have to drain the cooling system and pull the radiator to get enough room.

Remove the under-bay covering. There are 2 pieces, one under the front of the bumper and the other under the engine block. You'll need to remove the piece under the block first.

The aux fans come off from the front. It's pretty self explanatory, start with the outer screen cover and work your way in from there.

Now you can remove the bridge across the top. Once you get it loose flip it over and unclip the hood release cable.

Ok now that you have everything exposed you will see that the radiator support is like a u-shaped shelf that extends down from the top. The legs of the u should be straight down. The radiator and condenser sit on pegs in slots in the bottom of the u. The radiator shroud sits in two slots in the bottom of the u and clipped at the top to to the back of the radiator.

EPC has a nice exploded view showing the radiator support shelf.
2013 E350 Bluetec (my DD)

both my kids cars went to junkyard in 2023
2008 ML320 CDI (Older son’s DD) fatal transmission failure, water soaked/fried rear SAM, numerous other issues, just too far gone to save (165k miles)
2008 E320 Bluetec (Younger son's DD) injector failed open and diluted oil with diesel, spun main bearings (240k miles)

1998 E300DT sold to TimFreeh
1987 300TD sold to vstech