View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 11:34 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for all of the advice and help so far

Some updates: car was driving better and better with time (have put about 400 miles on it since getting her) until this weekend, when she lost power on the highway. The first time, pulled over, re-started the motor and floored the gas in neutral, which seemed to solve the issue. The second time, she started sputtering with very little power. Crawled into a parking space and shut her off. Today, she wouldn't start (cranks, starts briefly, tries to run at low RPM, then dies out again).

Doing some research, it seems like the most likely culprit would be the fuel supply. The fuel filters looked like a good place to start.

So I changed out the primary and spin-on filters, unscrewed the hand-primer to get the fuel primed in and... nothing. No squeaks, no leaks, no pumping--my old-style primer pump seems to be *completely* ineffective. So, as of right now, I'm waiting on a new Bosch primer pump to come in. Hopefully that'll solve the issue, otherwise it's looking like it'll have to get towed to the shop (I don't have the space/resources to empty/clean the fuel tank in order to get to the strainer.)

Fingers crossed! Really hoping to get her back on the road within the next couple of days... otherwise I'll have to cancel my weekend plans and call a tow truck! D: