View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Total Novice

Fun, cheap fix for broken plastic clips, tabs, probably lots more

So I had a bunch of broken tabs inside the cabin. 2x broken tabs for the pockets on the driver side and passenger side door panels, 1x tab that the glove box latch slides behind, and 1 tab under the rear right passenger electric window switch. The pockets didn't stay put, the glovebox was tough to close, and the electric switch just sort of sprung itself out of the door panel whenever I put it back in.

I decided to try using Sugru to fix it all. Here's a video about it, I am not affiliated with the company:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fOSo_EN-y4

It worked great. You just mold the play-do material into whatever shape you want on whatever you want, let it cure for 24 hours, and then you're done. Bought the cheapest all-white pack on Amazon for $12. Would pick a different color next time. I'll post photos when I get the chance.

It's supposed to come off easy enough as well. Just thought I'd share in case someone else didn't want to get a whole new pocket or switch because of a broken clip or tab.
"You know, times are changing. Ladies can do stuff now and you're going to have to learn how to deal with it."
"What? Were you saying something? Look, I don't speak Spanish."