View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Electrical Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichris93 View Post
The 1987 and later models can sense issues and will click the blower motor on and off until it senses the issue is resolved. This comes from the FSM.

I have to disagree with you on the outside temperature sensor. The ambient temperature sensor is only for display but according to the FSM the outdoor temperature sensor is used by the push button unit.

I was trying to take mine apart to replace the caps and reflow but I cannot seem to get the wheel off. How did you do that?

Attached is FSM stating the diagnostic feature.

Thanks for the help.
Hm, I stand corrected. It looks like it uses it or at least monitors it in some way.

I've never had my 93 do anything with pulsing the blower though. But then again, I've never had any problems with it out side of a disconnected vacuum line.

My outdoor temp display was fixed for a bit then went out. I think it lost connection to the sensor. But if the PBU still has connection (since its not pulsing the blower) I can assume the sensor is good.

Hm I would start with a reflow and re-cap of the PBU. Its not going to hurt (unless you somehow damage it or bridge things)

There are multiple wheel configurations that I've run into. Some are held in by a pin on the side that you squeeze and pull. Check out that album or some of the other climate control ones on here my imgur account here JamesDean59's albums - Imgur One them is bound to give you an idea of how to take out the wheel.

(4/11/2020: Hi Everyone! I am still taking orders and replying to emails/PMs/etc, I appreciate your patience in these crazy times. Stay safe and healthy!)

82 300SD 145k
89 420SEL 210k
89 560SEL 118k
90 300SE 262k RIP 5/25/2010
90 560SEL 154k
91 300D 2.5 Turbo. 241k
93 190E 3.0 235k
93 300E 195k