View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDean View Post
Hm, I stand corrected. It looks like it uses it or at least monitors it in some way.

I've never had my 93 do anything with pulsing the blower though. But then again, I've never had any problems with it out side of a disconnected vacuum line.

My outdoor temp display was fixed for a bit then went out. I think it lost connection to the sensor. But if the PBU still has connection (since its not pulsing the blower) I can assume the sensor is good.

Hm I would start with a reflow and re-cap of the PBU. Its not going to hurt (unless you somehow damage it or bridge things)

There are multiple wheel configurations that I've run into. Some are held in by a pin on the side that you squeeze and pull. Check out that album or some of the other climate control ones on here my imgur account here JamesDean59's albums - Imgur One them is bound to give you an idea of how to take out the wheel.
I guess your unit has never sensed a fault with a sensor then.

There are two different outside temperature sensors. The one the PBU monitors is by the blower motor. The one for the display is under the license plate.

I will take a look at removal of the board for reflow and re cap and I will keep you posted.

Attached is the FSM page where it talks about the relay clicking.
Attached Thumbnails
`87 and older 190 climate control help-image.jpg