View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 12:04 AM

Control arm or wishbone wear on tierods front and rear tire upper control arm/wishbon

Hi there. w163 Ml 320 2002 manufactured in July of 2001

Anyone kind enough to provide me with a schematic or picture of the rear wheel assembly and front wheel assembly with torque spec would be greatly appreciated.
And any useful tips on how best to ....... even further appreciated
Problem
1. It would appear that upon jacking the rear wheels and grabbing the tire at 12 o' clock position and pushing forward there is play in the upper wishbone in the rear nothing on the 3 and 9 position also no play with crow bar under the rear tire and pushing down on the crowbar in the ball joints.-- so I have to replace the upper wishbone or control arm I guess

2. In the front grabbing at 3 and 9 position play in the tie rod ends -- so I guess replace the front tie rod ends
(and nothing at 12 and 6 or crow bar under the tire a pushing down on the crow bar
no play)

To ADD: my discovery of the above was I received a complaint from the driver that at different speeds there would on an occasions be a vibration -- given the above is that a possible cause

The rear tire control arm comes as an entire unit?? and you cannot purchase the end rubber "tie rod bushings" ??