View Single Post
Old 01-30-2003, 01:55 PM

Hans,

From the connection speeds in the Main Window you show, you are definitely on-line with Artera and connecting through their data center.

That is really interesting. Got a buddy who lives in the woods up in NY who often connects at speeds which you indicate you do, and he rants over the increase that he gets. Even as lousy as your phone lines are you should be getting a benefit from it because of the data compression done between your machine and their server. Their data compression ratios approach 200:1 in some circumstances.

I've never heard of (that I recall) the site you used for your speed test...though that's not necessarily a "holy grail" of proof. The proof is in how fast images download to your computer. Give the "all types" test at http://www.toast.net a try and see what you get. This is the site the company recommends since it combines images and text into one download.

You might also try Artera on your DSL connection and see what happens. It supposedly works with Cable, DSL, satellite, etc., and I've personally tested it on a cable connection. Got an immediate 33% boost.

Finally, I'd like you to contact the Artera Tech Support folks about this lack of improvement. I've been in touch with them numerous times for various things and they've always bent over backwards to provide support. This is a situation the would DEFINITELY be interested in.

Appreciate you sharing your experience even though it's not what I expected in the least. ha! The company is signing up new resellers for the tech right along. They have over 30 now and more are being announced every week. Some are pretty decent names, too.

Also appreciate you taking the time to check out Artera. As bad as your connection speed is, I'm sure you'd like to find something that would help your dial-up situation out. I still think Artera is it, but don't know why the heck it isn't working for you!!!