View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLGUY View Post
I finally got time to pull the pan and look for the problem. I removed the plates for the pistons (one in front, one in back, lower right in photo), and could not find anything amiss.

There were no signs of anything broke or worn. All the springs looked just fine. If this trans had a B1 piston or spring problem, I am sure it would have been evident. I drained about a quart of fluid out of the pan and saw this:

I assume it is part of something that is causing the trans not to shift. Does anyone know what it might be from? All the other plastic parts I can see are a yellowish tan color, and this is closer to white. Would there be a part inside that can be replaced without removing the trans? I hate to take it to my normal trans guy, as he most always says the trans needs to come out. I don't want to have to remove the trans if I can help it. Thanks in advance, Rich
You're looking in the wrong place. The governor is accessed from the left side of the case, the B1 piston from the right. You have to lower the transmission, but I think you access either without removing the entire box. It could be part of the governor gear.