View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 09:04 AM
Ronin

leathermang,

i know you are referring to a couple of my posts on your thread that got deleted. i would appreciate it if you addressed me directly for those past events because i do hold myself accountable. i was very careful about preserving threads and learned early on about thread locking (TXBill made some pretty succint remarks about that business). FYI i never deleted any posts nor locked up a thread after that first time. I spent my time trying to figure out how to defuse problems as they showed up - as it turns out, an exercise in futility.

maybe your thread was indeed hijacked, my sincere apologies for having done that. i don't know if that will placate you but you seem intent on dredging up those incidents.

in the meantime, it seems that the topic of really mean spirited posts have been covered up and we are all pretending that everything is copacetic. what's going to prevent those from showing up again? you had pointed something out about my deadpan / tongue in cheek delivery and yes, maybe a "" will sometimes go a long way . it's just that some of the posts i have seen just can not be misconstrued as being all in fun no matter how many smilies you put on them.

my belief is that the disturbances come from a handfull of members who do not like to be told what to do. i actually had misgivings about posting the rules of conduct as a sticky as i knew that would really annoy certain people. i would have preferred it to be part of the FAQ and terms of use with maybe just a reminder about it somewhere. i did give it some thought and just did what i was asked to do despite premonitions that i would probably be crucified for it.

as you may have guessed, TXBill had been mentoring me all along and he had warned me about what a thankless job it was. some of the senior members also sent me sage words of advice for which i am most appreciative.

as anthonyb said "this forum is only as good as the people contributing to it" and with that i agree wholeheartedly.
"Do not adjust your mind, it's reality that's malfunctioning"
http://banners.wunderground.com/bann...L/Key_West.gif

Last edited by jsmith; 01-31-2003 at 09:15 AM.