View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 12:15 PM

Bimmer Eatin Baby Benz

I received the invitation to post here as well. *I been restoring a 1989 190E 2.5-16. *There were only 4784 2.5s produced. *This one is an ECE non catalyst car, which was only available by special order it was originally delivered in Italy. *The engine was rated at 205 HP which is just a tick higher than the Evo 1 version. *This car was also ordered with self leveling suspension all around and ride height control and to complete the banker's race package, radio delete.

I bought the car in 2009 from a young Navy man who imported the car to United States and dealt with all the hassles back then. *The car was held as non compliant for several years before finally being released on a bond. *I believe it was the only one ever allowed into the states before it was 25 years old.

Here she is when I bought her

And here she is when she was much younger and hadn't run into the slam bam bling storm.

I lost all the bling and collection of EBay AMG goodies and got her looking like this.

I have sorted out all mechanical issues and most cosmetic ones. I am now reassessing the feasibility of restoring the ride height control and SLS. Recently Mercedes has been restocking the bins on some of the ultra rare parts and it may be within reach.