View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Not so amused

Your call if you want to do that, I have no opinion one way or the other, however it sounds from what you described as though the car is not far off normal ride height.

If you could post a pic that would be helpful to confirm.

In any case, ride height is adjustable through the length of the control rod on the leveling valve at the rear of the car. There is a guide to the system somewhere either here or on BW that someone wrote that talks about how to do it, I cannot remember offhand if you expand or shorten the rod to raise ride height. The adjustment is intended for a situation like this, not to compensate for a system fault (though many shops actually use it that way, to placate customers).

Also you asked if the pump works all the time, answer is yes it is simple mechanical arrangement, it is working as long as the motor is running.

I didn't want to jump in and answer immediately as I only know what I know from my own TD, there are others who know much more but I think right now the forum is in a bit of a summer dead zone for responses.

I don't see how air can remain in a system like that forever, given that it isn't closed, it vents out at the return line into the SLS reservoir.

Mac
2002 e320 4matic estate│1985 300d│1980 300td
Previous: 1979 & 1982 & 1983 300sd │ 1982 240d

“Let's take a drive into the middle of nowhere with a packet of Marlboro lights and talk about our lives.” ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22