View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Banned

Shingles vaccination over 60?

My primary care doctor suggested/implored me to get a Shingles vaccination for a person in my age group.

Talked to one of my Brothers last week that is many years younger than me, and found out that he had an attack of this while on-the-road working in North Carolina a few years ago. He was/is under extreme pressure not only in his business, but he and his wife have (6) kids in private schools.

My Q is this: I'm not under pressure of any kind, and the odds according to the Doc is 1.5 in 3 aging folks get the Shingle virus or recurrence of same.

I'm not down with most any vaccination, especially after learning the truth about the Salk oral Polio vaccine we Americans took in the early 1960s. The occurrence of cancer because of the Salk vaccination, has underscored just one example of why one should avoid all vaccinations.

Let's face it - we're all going to die of something, why prolong or even help the process health wise by making a bad choice of the unknowns and ramifications of more vaccinations?

Any experience with the Shingles or thoughts about the vaccinations welcome.