View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 06:57 PM
haasman's Avatar
haasman haasman is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,097
There should be a little rubber dust cap. It has been some time since I have done this, but if I recall correctly, you take it off and inside is a T shaped handle that you pull out and twist clockwise to increase pressure.

I would try to avoid any flaring if at all possible. It is my understanding that when the trans flares it rapidly wears your "clutches".

Someone very recently had posted how they changed the rubber connector between the plastic vacuum tube from the engine area going to the vacuum modulator valve. They said it didn't look cracked but was hard. They replaced it anyway and the results were "very impressive". There are MANY threads on this topic ... here is one:

Adjusting the trans mod valve

'03 E320 Wagon-Sold
'95 E320 Wagon-Went to Ex
'93 190E 2.6-Wrecked
'91 300E-Went to Ex
'65 911 Coupe (#302580)

Last edited by haasman; 02-01-2003 at 07:11 PM.
Reply With Quote