View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnflight1 View Post
I have purchased some new cheap off brand injectors on e-bay and also got a new bosch to try. None of them were any good the spray patterns were terrible and some of the cheap ones dripped and shot a pencil stream. So I just put my old ones back in tested them with the fuel pump relay bypassed and my old original silver mercedes units had an excellent spray pattern!
What a waste of money!
Test your currently installed ones before you jump into this I have talked to some techs that said they had to go thru 10 new injectors before they found a good one. Also replace them in sets so they all have the same opening pressure.
You will just need 8 small glass jars to compare all your injectors spray patterns., and bypass the fuel pump relay ,on my car after you pull the fuel pump relay jumper pins 7&8. this will run your pumps.
All injectors should open at the same time when you push on the air mass meter plate and they should have a nice fine mist spray pattern no dripping no shooting to the side or pencil streams.
Hope this helps. dont cheap out! it bit me
Lol! John, I was following your last post and was going to make reference here about taking short cuts on important parts, thanks for chiming in on this post with your recent experience with aftermarket injectors. glad you fixed your rough idle problem.

1990 190E 3.0L