Thread: An iPhone story
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 03:22 AM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Sometimes you get lucky.
Seems so. I looked at the web hard for a couple of weeks trying to figure an angle to save a few hundred bucks. But I've gone through grief trying to make cheaper used phones work and decided it wasn't worth the grief. Just a week or two w/o a phone could cost me considerably.

I decided to go the easy deluxe route and got the 5s from T Mobile, this after having had the HTC M8 for almost all of the two week refund period. Took a $50 restocking/recycling fee hit but oh well. The M8 just felt too big to me. I also didn't like the business of tapping the screen twice to wake it up. Maybe you get a touch for it but I frequently had trouble with that. Didn't like the keyboard either. Could barely see the dimmer punctuation symbols on top of the keys - you hold it down a bit longer to get the symbol.

The Apple is small enough to keep in my shirt pocket, in my Otter Box. I like the keyboard, the voice to text is more reliable, and the push button turn on and thumbprint reader is more certain than the HTC double tap. I'm liking it more and more but I still have a lot to learn.