Thread: An iPhone story
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 11:56 AM
New England Hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake12tech View Post
That's the thing too about texting --- I hate it. If you don't call me at least once in awhile I stop answering you period. Even though I have the phone for it, I still use it very little.
The changing demographic of a sizable number of our customers (getting much younger-from 50's to late 20's & early 30's) has dictated a change towards more texting for info, setting up appointments, order taking, order status updates, delivery notifications, etc.

Numerous calls, emails and voicemails would go unanswered while a text would be responded to within minutes of sending them. I've got a couple sales reps who are dinosaurs, that was a huge change for them. In the sales game, it was adapt or die for them.

It's kind of sad, but after corresponding so often with them and my younger reps via text, I find myself preferring it.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)