Thread: Got a new job
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Ghost of Diesels Past

Got a new job

So my current position I came across from
A fellow forum member, he's no longer with the company he got me hired on to, which is funny I think.

I had heard the tech ed teacher at my old middle school was looking to quit and move on to other things and that had me interested. The gentleman there now didn't teach me but I'm still friends with my middle school shop teacher and he's in a position higher up with the county so he put a word in for me.

After some informal meetings, a test, paying money for forms....I've been official cleared to be hired. I'm going to be a middle school shop teacher!!!!!

I wanted to go to school for it but not many school teach tech ed but you can't really just go to college for it, it's something you learn from being hands on and involved.

Sure I may be taking a cut in pay but this is what may be my dream job. And at that point, it doesn't matter. My wife has her dream job and loves every minute of it and so will I.

So keep a look out, I might be inquiring about some cool projected related stuff for my class.