View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe View Post
No, I think he's saying that $30K is a lot of money. 4-matic is great for winter driving. E350s come in the 2WD V6 gasser AND the Bluetec V6 turbodiesel as well. Several of them on the Net for a tad over $30K with low miles on 'em.
30 grand is a lot of money to most people. If I were planning on spending that much on a vehicle, I would take my sweet time and shop around. I'm sure 4matic is good in snow, but Atlanta gets about a quarter inch accumulation about once every three years. I would call that no snow worth speaking of, but when it happens there it shuts the city down to a degree those of us with snow driving experience find somewhere between comical and pathetic. I lived there for a number of years, so I've seen it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsinner111 View Post
if it was me,I hold out for a diesel
My taste in cars has changed over time, as has engine technology. I'd be interested in a diesel, but the gas engines have become a lot more efficient in recent years. With that budget and in that area I would most likely be looking at a slightly used or even new BMW 3-Series gasser with a manual transmission, but that's just me.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 400,xxx miles
08 Suzuki GSX-R600 M4 Slip-on 22,xxx miles
88 Jaguar XJS V12 94,xxx miles. Work in progress.