View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
30 grand is a lot of money to most people. If I were planning on spending that much on a vehicle, I would take my sweet time and shop around. I'm sure 4matic is good in snow, but Atlanta gets about a quarter inch accumulation about once every three years. I would call that no snow worth speaking of, but when it happens there it shuts the city down to a degree those of us with snow driving experience find somewhere between comical and pathetic. I lived there for a number of years, so I've seen it myself.

My taste in cars has changed over time, as has engine technology. I'd be interested in a diesel, but the gas engines have become a lot more efficient in recent years. With that budget and in that area I would most likely be looking at a slightly used or even new BMW 3-Series gasser with a manual transmission, but that's just me.
$30K was not the issue to the OP. Whether it's "a lot of money to most folks" wasn't an issue either. He was enquiring about the car, and mentioned the amount of money the son is spending. My comments centered around the car, and it's other drive options, that the $30K would also buy.