View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 01:01 PM
Digital camera response...

Hi there,
I use an Olympus D-460, it's a 1.3 megapixel camera with 3x optical zoom and 2x digital zoom. It's basically a "camera" camera adapted to digital, and the optics are extremely good. Since anything you put on the net is going to need to be smaller than 640 x 480 for quick loading, you don't need any more pixels, (this camera will do up to 1280 x 960) and the main thing is to be able to get up close and have a good flash on the camera, which this one does. It uses 4 AA batteries, and I got the NI-MH rechargables at Radio Shack, along with the recharger for $19.99 - they will go a week or so, taking up to 140 pictures a day, which we did on a recent trip to Ireland, before needing recharged. I have a 32 meg smartmedia card in it, which allows about 148 pix before downloading to my laptop. It has a very good tft lcd screen on the back, which will run the batteries down if you use it a lot, but if you use the viewfinder it is extremely good on battery life. I think as long as you go with a camera from a real camera manufacturer, like Olympus, Sony, Canon, etc. you won't be dissatisfied. I do like the compactness of my camera, it fits on a belt holder, and is very handy on trips.

Richard Wooldridge
'82 300D/4.3L V6