View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloride View Post
Mine is around that from April 16th through say the next April 1 st. with 20mg Benazapril.
Depending on the individual I have wondered if a light tranquilizer might be better for those that spike periodically when seriously stressed. That's if those periods are unavoidable and one knows they are going to occur.

At least medicine has moved past the practice of severing nerves along the backbone in the belief it reduced high blood pressure. Personally I suspect medicine may be on the verge of massive change not that far ahead hopefully. The pace of improvement has been staggering in my lifetime alone.

I really do not think what we have today in either system is economically sustainable without major further developments. . Now if they are commercially capitalized on beyond their worth could be crippling. I suspect this might be attempted.

For example hep C is curable by drugs now. The current cost disqualifies almost everyone from access to those drugs. Eighty nine thousand a treatment was the cost I saw. One has to ask themselves where this price comes from.

That type of ongoing senario may not be tolerable by any government. At this time there are medacines that are just unaffordable out there. Someone has to have a look at the true costs of development and production costs at some time for them to reach the public. I do not deny the aspect of making a buck within certain paremeters.

Unbelievable gouging if that is the case in such an important area is another issue to me. Just because it can be done is not a valid reason to allow it. If persisting much longer other types of suppliers may adopt a similar approach to supplying their needed products and services.

Last edited by barry12345; 08-12-2014 at 01:25 PM.