View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 06:34 AM
Banned

Childhood Home FS in Omaha, NE.

Just got word Tues. afternoon that one of the fine homes my Father designed and built by procuring all materials, vendors and subcontracting all trades is up for sale in Omaha - once again. It's a 1.5 story, 1,372 SF, 50'X135' deep lot, all hardwood floors on the second and third floors - 1960 model. I missed out on putting a bid in on it by one day about 7-years ago. A guy in No. California was buying up several homes in the neighborhood at that time for rentals. Why he's selling one of his nicer homes now, doesn't make sense. It's got a private entry, garden level 1-bedroom apartment on the lower level. A real money maker as a rental. It was designed and built on the side of a hill to include three levels, containing 3 baths, and 4 bedrooms. Just a real smart use of space and floorplans. It's been nearly totally updated from the condition it was in 7-years ago at sale time, with new Pella windows on the first floor, shutters, new roof, updated kitchen to some degree - even includes a newish refrigerator and washer and dryer. Comps in the area are all older homes, poorly floorplanned, and higher priced. Asking price is $22K more than it was 7-years earlier before that much in materials had been installed in it in updates. I'm really tempted, but I think I'll pass on it, much as I'd like to either rent it out or flip it.