View Single Post
Old 02-03-2003, 12:35 AM

Ashman, it sounds good, but frankly "it ain't so." It seems that on a heated discussion forum, the way to win is to e-mail a moderator with a complaint, as long as the e-mailer's post is the last one. If you guys post "rules of conduct", stick to them. If I'll e-mail to you, that I'm offended by a liberal view poiny on a thread will you close it? The hearsey has it, that some members did just that (from the other side of an issue). If that's the case, just close the open discussion forum and be done with it.

I'm astounded, that moderators are actually allowed in the discussion on the forums (other than this one or discussion regarding the site itself). How can a moderator be impartial, if he is a part of the ruckus??

Anyway, i believe that lately the deletions of threads are out of control. If you have the rules of conduct, stick by them. I could be offended by a lot of material on this entire site (apparently, the MB USA was), but I just get over it. Unless it contains a personal (name- calling, references to one's nationality, race, or ethnic origin, etc) attack or other verboten content, LEAVE THE THREDS ALONE. they do not hurt anyone and provide a lot of fun!!!!!!
1995 Grand Cherokee Ltd -"What was I thinking??!!"