View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuan View Post
So your Math teacher can't add, your Physics teacher can't tell the difference between mass and density, and the English teacher can't spell? Your programming teacher can't code and your Music teacher can't read music?
I think you are somehow not following what I am saying. Not sure why. English, I don't really know what the real world application is. Math and Physics, are they merely able to teach the text or are they able to work in the real world OUTSIDE the school and know what the industry is like. Sure, my programming teacher can code. Can he hold a job in a company doing coding? If not, all he has is theory. In nursing, can the teacher really hold a job as a floor nurse and teach me how the floor is run or just out of a textbook and experience from 20 years ago?

Bottom line is, if academia closed up today, would they be able to use those skills they teach and get a job or would they be having a PhD stock shelves? I took a class where my instructor was a network administrator who actually worked in the real world. OTOH, I had many instructors that teach us theories but have not had a job in the outside world since who knows when. One I respect, the other, WGAS.
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow